Oshkosh Divorce Attorney
An Experienced Divorce Litigation Lawyer Can Be a Key to Success
When mediation isn’t an option, it often becomes necessary to use
the process of litigation to decide the outcome of your divorce. This
can be extremely difficult, and requires the help of an experienced and
objective family law attorney. At Derr & Villarreal, LLC, our compassionate
family lawyers are dedicated to providing strong representation to our
Do you need a West Bend family law attorney for legal representation in
divorce litigation? Contact our firm!
The Litigation Process
- The common litigation process proceeds through these basic steps:
- Drafting, Filing and Serving the Summons and Petition for Divorce
- Filing Temporary Orders – These establish rules for the conduct of
both parties during the process.
- Discovery – Facts are documented such as financial records, tax returns,
bank records and other items related to the two parties.
- Mediation – Court orders mediation through the county which only
determines how to share your children.
- Deposition – Attorneys may depose parties and related witnesses under oath.
- Final Preparation for Trial – Attorneys submit Pre-Trial Documents
requested by the court and the attorney and client prepare for trial.
- Trial – Attorneys present evidence through witnesses testifying under
oath regarding contested issues. The judge decides key issues such as
spousal and child support, the value of property, debts, any equalizing
payment, contribution to attorney fees, among others. A Final Decree of
Divorce outlines those decisions.
- Appeal – A judge’s decision may be appealed within forty-five
days after notice of entry of the final Divorce Judgment. If no written
entry of judgment, the decision may be appealed within 90 days.
Advocating for Our Clients & Their Best Interests
Litigation can often be a long and difficult process with a timetable determined
by a judge. At Derr & Villarreal, LLC, we understand the workings
of the family court and pride ourselves on thorough attention to detail
and procedure. We keep you clearly informed as we work to help you make
the best possible decisions.
Contact the Wisconsin family law firm of Derr & Villarreal by calling
(920) 365-5959 in Beaver Dam, (262) 988-4544 in West Bend, or (920) 523-1007